This adorable snowman security blanket is part of my No Nose Snowman Patterns being released this fall. I love how quick and easy this security blanket works up! You can easily crochet this up within a a couple of hours.
When I chose to come up with a winter idea this fall, I chose snowman patterns. I took one idea from making Snowman Amigurumi, and then added a Snowman Lovey as well as a Snowman Ornament. I hope you enjoy this pattern. I was blessed with We Crochet/Knit Picks for providing me yarn through sponsorship to design this pattern. You can purchase the snowman security blanket at Etsy or Ravelry Stores.
Arctic No Nose Snowman Collection
The No Nose Snowman Collection includes this Snowman Security Blanket, my Snowman Amigurumi pattern in 3 different sizes, as well as a Snowman Ornament. The Snowman Ornament will be featured on another day. But for now, you can purchase each one separately, or you can purchase the entire collection on Etsy or Ravelry.
200 yards, Worsted Size 4, Brava 100 grams/218 yards in White.
40 yards, Worsted Size 4, Brava 100 grams/218 yards in Paprika.
30 yards, Worsted Size 4, Comfy Worsted 50 grams/109 yards in Ivy.
HOOK: US J/10 6 mm; US G/6 4.0 mm
Small amount of Polyfil
Yarn needle to weave in ends
Safety eyes (optional)
Experience: Advanced Beginner
12” x 12” x 5”
SC – single crochet
DC – Double Crochet
Sc2tog – single crochet decrease
HDC – Half Double Crochet
FPHDC – Front Post Half Double Crochet
Rev SC – Reverse SC
Sl st – slip stitch
FO – finish off
St/sts – stitch/stitches
Ch – chain
Rnd(s) – round(s)
MC – magic circle
FPHDC – Front Post Half Double Crochet (FPHDC)
Yarn over (YO) hook, insert hook under post of stitch (st). YO, pull up a loop. Three loops on hook, YO hook, pull through all loops on hook.
Reverse Single Crochet (REV SC)
● Insert the hook in the first stitch to the right, turning the hook downward to yarn over and pull it through. Yarn Over, and pull it through both loops on the hook to complete the stitch. Repeat around.
- Read through the entire pattern first.
- Lovey blanket is made in joined rounds as a traditional granny square.
- Snowman head is made in continuous rounds. DO NOT join while making the head. Use Stitch markers to know where your first stitch in the round is.
- Hat is made in joined rounds. Scarf is made in rows.
- Sl st does not count as a stitch throughout the pattern.
- Repeat stitches between * and * around.
- Alternative to MC – Ch 2; work number of SC specified in the 2nd chain from the hook.
- Ch 3 counts as a DC throughout the pattern.
I want to thank one of my testers Jennifer for testing this lovey for me! I love how it turned out! You can see all her pictures on Ravelry under projects.
I want to thank my other tester Debra. I adore these colors! They are so festive and adorable. You can see all of her pictures in Ravelry under projects as well.
12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop
This Arctic No Nose Snowman Security Blanket is being featured on Day 9 of the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop which is all about quick makes. This pattern will be available for a Free PDF Download for 24 hours from November 4, 2021 from 12 am – 11:59 pm EST. Click the button below to head on over to the round up post for all the details and the Coupon Code.
Click the button below to get the pattern on Ravelry using the code.
If you would like to purchase all the patterns (over 40) for an amazing, limited-time offer only, please click the button below by using my affiliate link (no extra cost to you and helps support me to bring you fabulous free patterns).
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the snowman security blanket pattern.