I am excited to release to you today my festive Christmas Teddy Bear. At the beginning of the year, I knew I wanted to design a Christmas theme bear around the holidays! It doesn’t take much to make this holiday-themed bear.
When I think of celebrating the holidays with my children, I always think of giving them a new holiday bear for that year. It was a tradition that dates back to my childhood. Each Christmas, I would receive a new Christmas bear as one of my presents as a child. I try to carry that tradition on with my children. Some years, my husband and I do this tradition, and other times it doesn’t always happen.
So I thought, why not design a new Christmas bear for each year and share that with my followers. I hope you enjoy this first holiday bear I have designed. You can purchase this pattern by clicking the following links to my Etsy Store and Ravelry Shop. I hope you enjoy the pattern.
- 295 yards, Worsted Size 4, I Love This Yarn Solids 7 oz/199 grams, 355 yards/325 meters in Toasted Almond.
- 56 yards, Worsted Size 4, I Love This Yarn Solids 7 oz/199 grams, 355 yards/325 meters in Light Taupe.
- 26 yards, Worsted Size 4, I Love This Yarn Solids 7 oz/199 grams, 355 yards/325 meters in Pink.
- 70 yards, Worsted Size 4, I Love This Yarn Solids 7 oz/199 grams, 355 yards/325 meters in Red
- 50 yards, Worsted Size 4, I Love This Yarn Metallic 5 oz/142 grams, 252 yards/230 meters in Jellybean
- HOOKS: US G/6 4.0 mm; US I/9 5.0 mm
- Yarn Needle to weave in ends
- Stitch Markers
- Safety Eyes (Optional)
Experience Level: Beginner Advanced
12 ½ stitches across x 10 rows = 4 x 4” square using a G/4.0 mm hook
Pattern used for gauge: SC
Teddy Bear measures 20.5” L x 12” W x 6” T
SC – Single Crochet
Sc2tog – Single crochet decrease
DC – Double Crochet
Rev SC – Reverse SC
Sl st – Slip Stitch
FO – Finish Off
St/sts – Stitch/Stitches
Ch – Chain
Sk st – Skip Stitch
Rnd(s) – Round(s)
R – Row/Rows
MC – Magic Circle
Reverse Single Crochet (REV SC)
● Insert the hook in the first stitch to the right, turning the hook downward to yarn over and pull it through. Yarn Over, and pull it through both loops on the hook to complete the stitch. Repeat around.
- Read through the entire pattern first.
- All parts are done in continuous rounds unless told otherwise. Do NOT join while making each of them. Use stitch markers to know where your first stitch in the round is.
- Sl St does not count as a stitch throughout the pattern.
- Repeat stitches between * and * around.
- Alternative to MC – Ch 2; work number of SC specified in the 2nd chain from the hook.
- Ch 1 and Ch 2 does not count as a stitch.
- Ch 3 does count as first DC stitch.
- G Hook is used for all bear parts and bow.
- I Hook is used for the Scarf.
Gifts of the Season Blog Hop
This pattern is part of the Gifts of the Season Blog Hop I am hosting during the month of November. It is available for a FREE PDF Download for 24 hours only from November 1, 2021 from 8 am – 7:59 am PST! Click the button below to head over to the round up post for the coupon code. Then come back here to go to Ravelry to purchase the pattern!
Click the button below to download on Ravelry!
Gifts of the Season Bundle
If you would like to get your hands on all the patterns from this blog hop, then please click my link below to purchase all 20 patterns in the bundle worth of $80 for only $14.99 for a limited time only! It is an amazing deal!
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the pattern! Have a great day!