The Angel Nordic C2C Blanket Square is one of twelve C2C squares in the Winter Nordic C2C Afghan CAL hosted by Erin from Juniper & Oakes.
Want to save this C2C Square for later? Save this pin to your favorite Pinterest board to find later.
When I heard about Erin putting together a Winter C2C CAL, I knew I wanted to participate. I also knew the pattern I wanted to do. I have always loved angels. My husband calls me Angel as my nickname. It was really fun to design this square. I always think of the nativity around winter/Christmas time period. I always picture angels around the nativity. They are my favorite part of the nativity besides Jesus.
I was blessed to be given yarn support from We Crochet/Knit Picks. We Crochet/Knit Picks provided yarn to each designer to design their square. The yarn I was given was Swish Worsted. Swish Worsted is 100% Superwash merino wool. This yarn for the most part was a joy to work with. It is so soft! The only issue I had with the yarn was it is not center pull so it would tangle more than usual for me. I did love how the soft the yarn feels. You won’t regret purchasing this yarn.
Would you like a printable version? This PDF is only available as part of the Nordic Winter C2C Afghan E-book.
The E-book includes:
- All 12 squares with written instructions and charts.
- Video tutorials for how to crochet C2C in HDC, and how to join the squares.
- Designer support for all 12 squares.
- Cheat sheet for how to crochet C2C (which is absolutely my favorite resource).
- Click the button below to purchase the e-book for just $14.99
- 220 yards, Worsted Size 4 Swish Worsted, 110 yards/50 grams in Red
- 220 yards, Worsted Size 4 Swish Worsted, 110 yards/50 grams in White
- Hook – US H/8 5.0 mm
- Yarn needle to weave in ends
- Blocking Mat with pins if desired
Experience Level: Intermediate
- This square is worked in HDC C2C (corner to corner) consisting of Ch 2 plus 3 HDCs per square.
- Increases consist of Ch 5 plus 3 HDCs
Square is approximately 15″ x 15″
HDC – Half Double Crochet
Ch – Chain/Chains
RS – Right Side
WS – Wrong Side
Sl st – Slip Stitch
Ch Sp – Chain Space
C2C helpful Tutorials
Erin from Juniper & Oakes has gathered some wonderful resources to crochet corner to corner afghan that go along with her Nordic Afghan CAL. Click the links below to check them out.
C2C Using HDC by Juniper & Oakes
C2C Colorwork Tips by Juniper & Oakes
Angel Nordic C2C Square Chart
Nordic Winter C2C Afghan CAL
This crochet pattern is a part of the twelve C2C squares that create the Nordic Winter C2C Afghan CAL (also known as a Crochet Along). This CAL is hosted by Erin of Juniper & Oakes. You can share your progress inside her Facebook Community Group.
Each week through October and November 2021, two squares were released. You can purchase the e-book with all 12 designs including written instructions and a huge amount of photo and video tutorials on how to crochet C2C. Plus it includes instructions for joining and a border to finish it off. Click the links below to learn more about the CAL or purchase the e-book.
Thank you for stopping by! I want to thank Erin for letting me be a part of this amazing CAL! I hope you enjoy the CAL!