I am excited today to release to you my Christmas Bear Security Blanket. It matches the festive Christmas bear I released earlier this month.
So just like the festive Christmas bear, I wanted to make a matching security blanket for babies and toddlers. This Christmas bear security blanket would make the perfect 1st Christmas gift for your little one! I hope you enjoy this design. I really enjoyed designing this pattern.
You can purchase this pattern by clicking on the following links for my Etsy and Ravelry shops. You can purchase these 2 patterns together and save a little off the price. I hope you enjoy the pattern.
- 130 yards, Worsted Size 4, I Love This Yarn Solids 7 oz/199 grams, 355 yards/325 meters in Red
- 90 yards, Worsted Size 4, I Love This Yarn Solids 7 oz/199 grams, 355 yards/325 meters in White
- 65 yards, Worsted Size 4, I Love This Yarn Metallic 5 oz/142 grams, 252 yards/230 meters in Jellybean
- 73 yards, Worsted Size 4, I Love This Yarn Solids 7 oz/199 grams, 355 yards/325 meters in Toasted Almond
- 30 yards, Worsted Size 4, I Love This Yarn Solids 7 oz/199 grams, 355 yards/325 meters in Light Taupe
- 20 yards, Worsted Size 4, I Love This Yarn Solids 7 oz/199 grams, 355 yards/325 meters in Pink
- HOOK: US J/10 6.0 mm & US G/6 4.0 mm
- Small Amount of Polyfill
- Yarn needle to weave in ends
- Stitch markers
- Safety eyes (optional)
Experience Level: Easy
11.5 stitches x 6.5 rows = 4” x 4” square blocked.
Pattern used for gauge: DC
17” x 15” x 5” approximately
DC – Double Crochet
Ch – Chain
Sc – Single Crochet
Sc2tog – single crochet decrease
Sl St – Slip Stitch
FO – Finish Off
St(s) – Stitch/Stitches
Rnd(s) – Round(s)
MC – Magic Circle
Shell Stitch – Shell st
- V-Stitch – (DC, ch 2, DC) all in the same stitch/space.
- Shell Stitch – 5 DC in the same st.
- Read through the entire pattern first.
- The head and ears are worked in continuous rounds. Do not join while making the head. Use stitch markers to know where your first stitch in the round is.
- Blanket part is worked in joined rounds.
- Beginning ch 3 does count as your first double crochet in each round of the blanket part.
- Sl st does not count as a stitch throughout the pattern.
- Alternative to MC – Ch 2; x SC in the 2nd chain from the hook.
- Repeat stitches between * and *.
Gifts of the Season Blog Hop
This pattern is part of the Gifts of the Season Blog Hop I am hosting during the month of November. It is available for a FREE PDF Download for 24 hours only from November 15, 2021 from 8 am – 7:59 am PST! Click the button below to head over to the round up post for the coupon code. Then come back here to go to Ravelry to purchase the pattern!
Click the button below to download on Ravelry!
Gifts of the Season Bundle
If you would like to get your hands on all the patterns from this blog hop, then please click my link below to purchase all 20 patterns in the bundle worth of $80 for only $14.99 for a limited time only! It is an amazing deal!
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the pattern! Have a great day!